This document contains no data!

Closed Forum
Viceroy

This document contains no data!

Post by Viceroy »

I quite often get this error message in Mozilla (both 1.3 and 1.4) when I'm browsing; any suggestions of how to stop it? It seems variable; sometimes I get it a lot othertimes it seems to have gone away. It has occured on a range of different websites including this one.

I searched and in another thread someone suggested to go to C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\defaults\pref open the folder and paste in "user_pref("browser.xul.error_pages.enabled", true);". This seemed to help for a while but the problem came back.

My system: Win2k (Chinese) Mozilla 1.4. I have ZoneAlarm installed but even if I turn ZA off the problem still occurs.
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

I got that alot too, but I havent gotten any since using firebird. I have error pages enabled on it though.

[/usless post]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

I have had the same problem with some nightly builds of Firebird - been a long time since I saw it now (fingers crossed)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030721 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
tve

Re: This document contains no data!

Post by tve »

Viceroy wrote:C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\defaults\pref open the folder and paste in "user_pref("browser.xul.error_pages.enabled", true);".

No this can't work, it's in the wrong location.

You have to create a file called user.js in your <a href="http://texturizer.net/firebird/edit.html">profile folder</a>. Alternatively, you can enter <tt>about:config</tt> in your address bar and change the setting <tt>browser.xul.error_pages.enabled</tt> to <tt>true</tt>
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
amr

Post by amr »

I don't have a <tt>browser.xul.error_pages.enabled</tt> setting in <tt>about:config</tt> :(
Viceroy

Post by Viceroy »

Amr,

I don't have a browser.xul.error_pages.enabled setting in about:config either! Never mind, thanks to tve I managed to create the user.js file and the problem seems much better now. Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Post by Guest »

That was great!! Iwas experiencing the same issue. I did what TVE suggested and am keeping my fingers crossed also
Sheeeva

Post by Sheeeva »

I'm having this problem on 3 Apple Macs with the latest version of Firefox installed, yet they can surf the 'net with absolutely no problems using Safari or IE. Our internet techie seems to think that there's a problem with Firefox not accessing the Mac Keychain for the passwords needed to surf. Any ideas on the validity of this, or of anything I can try on the Macs? Everything I'm looking at here seems to be for Windows only?!?