FTP date format

Closed Forum

FTP date format

Post by Guest »

On ftp.mozilla.org, the new date format is year-month-day-xx-branch/trunk. What is xx?
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Hour?
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Hey, my secret burning question has finally been solved! Seems kind of obvious now though....

Post by Guest »

hao2lian wrote:Hey, my secret burning question has finally been solved! Seems kind of obvious now though....

I was referring to the nightly build directory date format. How does xx=hour? For example, ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/nigh ... -10-trunk/ has xx=10. The date for the directory (created?) is 14:26:00. If there is more than one nightly build per day, each additional one should just increase xx by one.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Did you open the build and check the build ID? I'm not going to. I know that in the past, the date string has been followed by an hour stamp in something.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
jareha

Post by jareha »

hao2lian wrote:Seems kind of obvious now though....

Yeah it does. Don't know why I didn't pick this up earlier either.

<< Jonathan
<a href="http://www.deftone.com/blogzilla/">Blogzilla - A Blog About Mozilla</a>
Apple iBook / Mac OS X 10.4.9 / 1GHz G4 1.12GB
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 (2007-05-15) / Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 (2007-06-04)

Post by Guest »

alanjstr wrote:Did you open the build and check the build ID? I'm not going to. I know that in the past, the date string has been followed by an hour stamp in something.

I just downloaded the Firebird 2003-08-19-08-trunk build, and in Help> About> Mozilla Firebird, this is what appears: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030819 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1+. If xx is hour, then the hour differs from the folder and file dates.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

That's entirely possible.

Post by Guest »

Yes.
old momokatte

Re: FTP date format

Post by old momokatte »

Anonymous wrote:On ftp.mozilla.org, the new date format is year-month-day-xx-branch/trunk. What is xx?

I'm pretty sure I'm right about this...

xx is the hour the code for the build was taken. It takes hours to compile a build -- that's why the FTP times don't match.

I don't know how they can do an 8am and 10am official build on the same day, unless one of the devs does a compile on their own machine and then posts it to the FTP. As far as I know, the builds in the latest-trunk folder are always the 8am build.

clutter

Post by Guest »

Since the nightly 10:00 (daily seems more appropriate) build directory contains just the Linux GTK2 build, the extra directory added daily adds clutter.