Mozilla Crashes on Google

Closed Forum
Paulie

Mozilla Crashes on Google

Post by Paulie »

It hangs about 25% of the time. Anyone else have this problem?

WinXP
Firebirfd 0.6.1
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Usual procedure:
1. Create a new profile. Check if it occurs. If so, proceed to 2.
2. Reinstall Firebird. Keep plugins and anything else you want. Check if it occurs. If so, proceed to 3.
3. Download the most recent stable nightly (check the best build threads in the Firebird Builds forum) and install. Keep plugins, etc. Check to see if it occurs. If so, then I've run out of ideas.
amr

Post by amr »

That sounds like Hao suggested; a possible profile problem or crap install. I've NEVER heard of Google crashing Gecko.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Its a shame because it was the reason I stopped using Mozilla. When I download Firebird it comes in a self contained directory without any profiles as far as I can see. So no install, no profiles... but it is the same behaviour as Mozilla, what could it be?
steeler_fan

Post by steeler_fan »

Well your profile is in %appdata%/phoenix/profiles/

See here

But I don't have an answer to your question :?:
Neil
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

I followed all the advice, thanks a million for it , much appreciated. Unfotunately all I have to do is click the search butotn in Mozilla 5 or 6 times and it hangs on "transferring data from google" in the status bar and hangs indefinitely.

Its driving nuts. I love the speed of firebird..... it's a conspiracy to keep on IE.......