Just can't get Mozilla to load

Closed Forum
FirstFoot

Just can't get Mozilla to load

Post by FirstFoot »

I was happily running Mozilla + Mozilla Mail (can't remember what the mail prog is called), version 1.4, on Win 98.

I had to re-install the operating system and now Mozilla won't load.

I've tried de-installing and re-installing it but to no avail.

I'm now running Firebird but desparately need Mozilla back 'cos all my archived mail is Mozilla mail.

Any suggestions?
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

Try renaming your IE favorites folder before starting Mozilla or get Thunderbird and manually transfer your archived mail to it.
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Try searching your computer for a folder called mail and then save it somewhere safe. I would suggest you try Thunderbird but if you've reinstalled Mozilla that will have created a mail folder in C:\Windows\Profiles\Firstfoot\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default\Randomnumber.slt\Mail . Copy the folders you want from the old mail folder into the new one. You may need to rename them if they clash with folders already there. A lot of your old mail should still be on the server as Mozilla is set to leave the mail on the server, for me there's usually about a months worth there. If you can't find your old mail on your hard drive, why not try one of these disk utilities from <a href="http://download.com.com/3150-2248-0.html?tag=dir">download.com</a>. You don't need to pay for it if you're only going to use it for a day or two. It's possible the mail may have been overwritten in the reinstallation and it may be unrecoverable. Goodluck.
danielwang

Post by danielwang »

Windows 98 or 98 SE? I had trouble with Windows 98 this morning.

Post by Guest »

I renamed the IE Favorites folder and that did the trick.

Post by Guest »

Another question ...

I didn't leave the messages on the server for my previous installation .... is there any way of retrieving my mail from my local folders?