Constant Connections To iad. adalive.net Or Something

Closed Forum

Constant Connections To iad. adalive.net Or Something

Post by Guest »

I get this problem with Mozilla as well as Firebird, and can't seem to get rid of it.

Whenever I'm logged on using one of the above browsers, I'm constantly either hammering, or being hammered, by connections to some server with the name' iad.adalive.net' or something similiar to that, it flashes on and off too fast for me to read, and my modem is blinking like mad.

Anybody know how to get rid of this annoying waste of bandwidth? Is it related to an ICQ or Chat function I can't seem to disable? I don't get it with Opera or IE.

Any help appreciated, and thanks.

Post by Guest »

correction, it is iad.liveperson.net.

i cannot find a feature that disables this.

Thanks
nilson

Post by nilson »

It's not build into Firebird. Sounds like you have spyware on your computer. I reccommend running Adaware or Spybot: Search and Destory.
amr

Post by amr »

I'll look through this Google search on "iad.liveperson" for some clues in the meantime...
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Might be an idea to put 127.0.0.1 iad.liveperson.net. in your hosts file...
Edit - I've just checked the hosts file I use in windows that I downloaded from http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/ and it's in there already.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the responses;

I reloaded adaware and ran it. I still get hit by that server, but only a couple of times then quits, instead of just constantly hammering away at my modem.

Still don't get why it hammers Mozilla, and Firebird; I've used Mozilla a few weeks, and just DL'ed Firebird yesterday. (I like it). It doesn't hammer IE or Opera; maybe they let it through and let it do it's thing, and that's why.

I did a search on that server and it looks like some spam ads outfit; didn't dig deep, though.

Thanks again for your help.