Which would be better to use for browser and email?

Closed Forum
bobinator

Which would be better to use for browser and email?

Post by bobinator »

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which of mozilla's products to use for browser and email. I currently use firefox for browsing, and gmail for email, but lately gmail has been failing to keep the spam in my spam folder. So, could anyone reccomend whether I should use Seamonkey or Firefox and Thunderbird together? Is Thunderbird more advanced than the Seamonkey mail client? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I couldn't decide whether it should go under seamonkey or thunderbird, so I put it under miscellaneous.
Firefox 2.0.0.2/Windows XP SP2
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

It's mostly a thing of personal preference. I reccomend that you use them both and decide which on eyou like.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
ovelarsen

Re: Which would be better to use for browser and email?

Post by ovelarsen »

bobinator wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which of mozilla's products to use for browser and email. I currently use firefox for browsing, and gmail for email, but lately gmail has been failing to keep the spam in my spam folder. So, could anyone reccomend whether I should use Seamonkey or Firefox and Thunderbird together? Is Thunderbird more advanced than the Seamonkey mail client? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I couldn't decide whether it should go under seamonkey or thunderbird, so I put it under miscellaneous.

Hii :D

Ya - as Sumguy say - try and find out what u like. Open Source is freedom to choose - and SeaMonkey come from Mozilla Suite - and FireFox and Thunderbird are the stand alone programs taken from then Mozilla Suite - so it's just a quistion if u like standalone programs - or u like 'all in 1'

Peace
:lildevil: 0X :new-alien: :robot:
Linux: OpenSuSe / Gnome desktop.
OpenOffice. Gimp. - Mozilla / SeaMonkey

"If anyone finds spelling-mistakes in my posts - just pick them up and keep them. "