Older versions?

Closed Forum
LKPQ

Older versions?

Post by LKPQ »

I've gone through two computers since I first dowloaded the beta versions of Thunderbird and Firebird, and have had to upgrade both times my computer died (first time it was really old, second time it was a really cheap model) since they wouldn't transfer via copy-paste.

Since I got this new computer a few months ago, and with it the newest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, I've had pretty much constant trouble with Thunderbird, and occasional issues with Firefox.

In the beta versions I never had any problems with either. Same OS and better hardware as last computer.

Rather than pull out my hair trying various unsucessful ways of fixing these problems (I've so lost my inbox and my bookmark files from the new versions) I was wondering if there was anywhere I could just download, if not the beta versions(which I'd prefer), at least older versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.

I only see the absolute latest on the download site, but figure there has to be a older versions somewhere, like there were when I first dowloaded Mozilla (before Firebird was out).

Thanks for your response,
Luke
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Going back to older versions leaves you open to the security issues that the newer versions were issued to correct. If you post some information on your specific problems here someone might be able to help you get the new version working properly.
LKPQ

Post by LKPQ »

I've tried that a couple times. I don't think I've ever gotten an answer that helped. Come in here at least three times, maybe four, and I always get a response that it's too late and I'm screwed.

Every time I'm told that I "should have known" to have done something or other in advance, be it downloading an backup program (usually telling me this after the fact and without telling me where to find one), or perform periodically an obscure function that my father(computer scientist) has never heard of, or not to do something with the program that seemed perfectly reasonable given the circumstances.

Plus some of my issues are just that new features (like that default on auto-update, and the faulty "this might be a scam" feature) are annoying (I started using Mozilla because Netscape and IE are stupid feature overload).

Security how?

I don't open attatchments from people I don't know (nor even emails unless by accident), and I'm not too concerned if somebody figures me out from my IP (Half the time I'm at college anyways, and it's not like I use one of those free pseudo websites that would make people want to track me).

Again, the beta versions worked for me, and I'd prefer to go back to a version I know works without problems, or at least one that has a better chance of doing so than my current versions if at all possible.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, but which beta? What was a beta four weeks ago may be the standard, stable release version today.

See the bottom of this page for all of the Firefox releases back to 0.1 -- http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.7.html

And this one for Thunderbird -- http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/rele ... 5.0.7.html
LKPQ

Post by LKPQ »

Thanks!

Think it was 0.6, maybe 0.8 for Firebird, forget for Thunderbird.

Any rate, thanks again.

~Luke
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.