dsl download speed

Closed Forum
cobrastrike

dsl download speed

Post by cobrastrike »

New user here, i have dsl high speed but while trying to download a game it seems to download at dial-up speed. Been downloading for 2 hours and only at 20%. Is it cause its a big file or why is it taking so long? It seems like it should have been done a long time ago.

Post by Guest »

"downloading a game". A game? From where? Bittorrent? If it's BT, then ignoring the obvious question of piracy, you need to take consideration the amount of seeders. If it's not BT, then perhaps the server where you are downloading is overloaded at the moment?
cobrastrike

dsl download speed

Post by cobrastrike »

Yes a game and its a free game "no piracy here", i was just wondering if it were normal to take this long or if I was causing this by something being set wrong or whatever.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Miscellaneous Support
jimfitter
Folder@Home

Re: dsl download speed

Post by jimfitter »

cobrastrike wrote:Is it cause its a big file or why is it taking so long? It seems like it should have been done a long time ago.

Download speeds are defined on your computer by a number of things. Modem configuration, if you use a router, how it's configured, settings on your computer, firewalls, etc.
You've given next to nothing in info to point you in the right direction. BroadbandReports.com is a good place to start learning about your DSL service. You'll be able to find what the acceptable speeds should be from your ISP. They can also show you how to tweak your computer to get the best performance.
Hope that helps.
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett