Postbox: competition is good for business

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Protoplasm

Re: Postbox: competition is good for business

Post by Protoplasm »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:the one thing that Postbox has over thunderbird is they didn't disable javascript!

Other than security problems, what's the advantage of javascript in email? :-k
 Mac Pro 1.1: 2.66 GHz - 7GB - 5.5 TB HD - OS 10.6.4 - FF-Namoroka 3.6.3
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

As I recall, he was creating animated HTML messages, which require some JavaScript for the control.
I wouldn't be surprised if Postbox 1.1.x doesn't support it either any more as it's on the 1.9.1 branch.
xfantasy

Post by xfantasy »

I installed Postbox on a spare PC and I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the UI too.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Postbox 2 was released. I still don't see why I should ditch Thunderbird over this.
Catman51

Post by Catman51 »

You shouldn't. PostBox originally said it would be free, than after a few beta's forgot they said that and made it a pay for app. Stick with Thunderbird.
Steve M
rickenjohny

Post by rickenjohny »

E-mail seems to be good competitors. I use the shredder 3.0b2 now installedd mailbox for testing. All goes well, it seems very good. If they are allowed to use the Thunderbird mail about a very attractive add-on products.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Er, why are you using a beta text version of an out of date version of Thunderbird? We're up to version 3.1.9 at this point...

I'm thinking you are really a spammer, but I have no proof yet. If you keep making inane posts just to get your post count up to add a sig link, well, we are very good a thwarting you...