WHY

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
squabsy

Post by squabsy »

djnrempel wrote:For me, Phoenix's pop-up blocking and adblocking can't be beat, because ads and pop-ups are the most annoying part of web browsing.

Once K-Meleon emulates those features I'll give it another shot.

You can block pop-ups on named domains in KM you can also use macros / prefs to control very precisely want you allow javascript to do where.
Much more configurable than Phoenix.
I started off on OPera moved to mozilla tried KM and gave up then moved to Phoenix then rediscovered KM learn't a bit about the Macro's how to build my own menu's / buttons etc and now love it. It's is blindingly fast without any XUL eyecandy bloat and totally customisable and configurable in terms of functionality.
I Now have macros that open up my mail client , check for new mail, open a compose window, e-mail a link or highlighted text. I have a button that opens my fav websites in new layers & a menu option that searches the KM forums a term. I learn't how to do all of this in less than two weeks occassional evenings.
I have lots more I want to do and I'm sure I'll be able to with a bit of help. My next project is to build my own skin and customise the search function.

KM eats other browsers for breakfast
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

squabsy wrote:
djnrempel wrote:For me, Phoenix's pop-up blocking and adblocking can't be beat, because ads and pop-ups are the most annoying part of web browsing.

Once K-Meleon emulates those features I'll give it another shot.

You can block pop-ups on named domains in KM you can also use macros / prefs to control very precisely want you allow javascript to do where.
Much more configurable than Phoenix.

On Nov 9 I posted a link to the JS blocking/controlling features that are actually built into the Gecko engine itself IN THIS VERY THREAD.
So I guess neighter of you 2 bothered to actually READ THE THREAD before you posted to it.

*sigh*
squabsy

Post by squabsy »

Stefan,
I only post to threads I have read although I admit I had not follwed the link you posted.
I merely wanted to point out that a function djnrempel was saying was missing from KM is indeed there.
fruitcake

Post by fruitcake »

K-Meleon seems to be loading smoother and just as fast as Mozilla or Phoenix who both have too many options I don't care for.
BTW, K-Meleon would be the ideal (ported to) BeOS browser !