Galeon or Phoenix??

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
tirantloblanc

Galeon or Phoenix??

Post by tirantloblanc »

Which one is faster, in your opinion?
WinterWolf

They use the same core

Post by WinterWolf »

But, Pheonix is a little more bleeding edge, so i think Pheonix.
aleejooo

Re: They use the same core

Post by aleejooo »

WinterWolf wrote:But, Pheonix is a little more bleeding edge, so i think Pheonix.

I think the same way, also Galeon has much more complicated interface, even more than Mozilla with all the visible toolbars.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
- A wise bathroom wall.
phredx

a point for Galeon

Post by phredx »

Galeon is the choice of web browser for GNOME Office, and will thus certainly be worth a look (if by default, in some cases) for a significant number of GNU/Linux users. Once the GNOME 2 build is finished, it should be even more worthwhile.
aab

galeon

Post by aab »

Galeon is faster.
eck

Post by eck »

They feel about the same to me, and I just noticed Galeon taking up a bit more memory than Phoenix was, with approximately the same content open. I'm back to using Galeon because the crash-recover feature actually *works*.

I'm really missing a lot of the Phoenix extensions, though: Nuke Image, Tab Extensions, even StumbleUpon. If only the Tab Extensions crash-recover feature would work!

The one thing I like a lot in Galeon, that's much faster than the equivalent in Phoenix, is easily migrating tabs between windows.
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

But, you have to have Mozilla installed to use Galeon. So is it just a "faceplate" (ala NeoPlanet in Windows)? I'm trying to get rid of some of the excess on my machine. Anyone know how to remove Konqueror?
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
cdn

Post by cdn »

remove KDE
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

cdn wrote:remove KDE

Thanks, cdn. I use a few KDE apps, though. Makes a difference, no?
cdn

Post by cdn »

was being flippant, since Konqueror is part of kdebase, which is needed by most of the other KDE apps : )
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

cdn wrote:was being flippant, since Konqueror is part of kdebase, which is needed by most of the other KDE apps : )

Dammit, Jim...I'm an end-user, not a friggin' code junky! (Sorry...70's flashback.) Apparently I was veering off the learning curve, there. Thanks for straightening me out! :wink:
aleejooo

Post by aleejooo »

cdn wrote:remove KDE

But if you remove Konqueror and also KDE, most of the apps in there will not work properly, something similar to as if in the Windo$$$ world, some1 tries to remove IE completely.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
- A wise bathroom wall.