I prefer Chatzilla, Calendar go with Thunderbird

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
clouds

I prefer Chatzilla, Calendar go with Thunderbird

Post by clouds »

I prefer Chatzilla, to join with Thunderbird because, it makes one complete communication package containing mail,newsgroups,chat. Just think, if you get a mail and you want to talk to the person,you can talk using chazilla! If you see a newsgroup posting you can followup with mail.

If you add Calendar ( with timezone config and timesync with timeserver) it will be the one of the best all-in one package.
Talk about sheduling your chatzilla sessions using the Calendar+time zone features!

Cheers to Developers!
-clouds
Lost User 8002

Post by Lost User 8002 »

Adding Chatzilla and the Calendar in with Thunderbird would create the bloat we're trying to eliminate. The whole purpose of the *bird apps are to create bload-free standalone apps...
Eventually they'll all be combined in the Mozilla Suite, but that'll take a while...
I don't know if a Chatzilla Standalone *bird App is in the works though...
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

However, getting Chatzilla to intigrate with Tbird would be great. It could be as a standalone or extension so a user could mix and match Mozilla.Org apps with any browser.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
Lost User 8002

Post by Lost User 8002 »

I don't know if Chatzilla is going to be made into a standalone app...
Most likely it's just going to be something thrown in with the suite...
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

I wonder just how stand alone Chatzilla is. It does use a separate window and it is sharing the GRE.
Killjay
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

i like chatzilla in my broswer. i wanna use tb only for the mail and firebird for all the other parts. my only request for chatzilla is that it will work in a tab in FB, filed a bug for it: 211461
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

The browser on my system is th least used portion of my Communicator suite. Mail is second in use to News. Third is a chat client. Chatzilla should be capable of supporting a users needs without the baggage of a browser that is infrequently used. Calendar is a standalone project, but needs a startup option in Thunderbird.

All these standalones are dependant on Gecko and aare moving to the GRE, so cross linking of functions seems a smart way to give power users a full pallet of parts to choose from.
Killjay