chatzilla problem - "deaf" to non-channel-owners

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Athaedriel

chatzilla problem - "deaf" to non-channel-owners

Post by Athaedriel »

I setup chatzilla, but seem to have a persistent problem. I've checked my settings against another user that I turned on to chatzilla, for whom it works (irony).

I seem to have a 'deafness' problem (opposite of mute). I go onto a channel and everyone can see what I post, but I can only see the posts of the channel creators -- this has happened with 3 separate channels -- completely different people hosting them on different servers (irc.rizon.net, and freenet)...

I can't see what any other standard users are saying (though if they /msg me it works). What could possibly cause this? In reading all the irc usage notes, I can't even find an option that would do this (closest is the +d(eaf) option -- but that doesn't appear to even be a valid option from my client. Initial flags (from memory was only +v). But even that option, if it worked, should also block channel creators, and personal messages, -- so I don't see why pm's and channel-creator msgs work, but not anyone else. Everyone sees my messages, but so far no one has had a clue what I'm even talking about (initially), let alone why.

My firefox is latest. Running on Win7-64 (w/standard release of 32-bit FF). My options in comparing with another were all set to default -- varying them made no difference -- even tried alternate 'modes', but no go.

Needless to say, this makes chatzilla 'unuseful' for me...

Really would appreciate any ideas...hard to test, since I seem to have to basically go into a channel and bump around until someone pays attention to me and tells me I'm an idiot or some such for not knowing how to read basic messages... not the best way to approach testing...

*sigh*

Thanks!
Athaedriel

Re: chatzilla problem - "deaf" to non-channel-owners

Post by Athaedriel »

FWIW -- the problem is specific to chatzilla -- another irc client works fine
LoudNoise

Re: chatzilla problem - "deaf" to non-channel-owners

Post by LoudNoise »

We don't get many chatzilla questions here. You might want to try the irc irc://irc.mozilla.org/chatzilla
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."