KompoZer vs. Bluegriffon

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
ratman

KompoZer vs. Bluegriffon

Post by ratman »

Now that Nvu is dead, I was wondering what people's opinions were on the advantages and disadvantages of KompoZer vs. Bluegriffon. The latter I know uses Gecko 2.0, while KompoZer uses an older Gecko version, but are there any other meaningful differences in terms of design elements or function?
this sig
is not
three lines long.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: KompoZer vs. Bluegriffon

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I am not familiar with BlueGirffon but will look since you mentioned it.

KompoZer is a pretty powerful editor. And it is FREE!

It gives you the ability to edit your .css while editing your HTML (both inline css and an external styles sheet) and gives instantaneous updates to the page. It does need some updating. It does not support some of the features (might be css3) such as "box-shadow" and others and the problem is whatever it does not understand gets cut out of the page when you save your file.

I still use it all the time, usually keep a copy of the HTML open with KompoZer and Notepad, check in Kompozer (instant change) and edit with Notepad to retain the customizations that KompoZer doesnt recognize.

But KompoZer will assist you in meeting the W3C standards which is always good.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

Since BlueGriffon is the successor to Nvu (and KompoZer), let me highlight here the main differences between the two apps:
http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/ ... ilestone-1
MondoWin ==> Italian site for information about MS Windows tweaking
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

RNiK wrote:
Since BlueGriffon is the successor to Nvu (and KompoZer), let me highlight here the main differences between the two apps:

BlueGriffon isn't the successor to anything. It's a total rewrite from the ground up.

Phil
James

Post by James »

Duncemonkey, I splited off your post to be a new thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3096240 as this one was last active way back in Jan 2011.