mozilla-made webmail?

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
minervaio

mozilla-made webmail?

Post by minervaio »

OK, I have no idea where to post/send this idea, but here it is:

You know how we all have, like, sixteen email accounts now? And how we all have, like, six different devices we use for accessing those accounts? Wouldn't it be cool if there were an online place were we could send all of our email, so that we could access all of it from whatever device we happened to be on at the moment, instead of having to download messages to the device, making those messages unavailable to our other devices?

Yes, I know that most email accounts support forwarding, and lots of people forward their email to a yahoo, gmail, or other account -- but the online user interface for every email account I own is uniformly awful. It's either so saturated with advertising and 'content' that I feel like I'm going to have a seizure every time I open the thing, or it forces me to use a different browser to get all the bells and whistles I need, or it's so 'simple' as to be more or less useless.

I wish there was something like Thunderbird online. Any chance this might happen in my lifetime?
Philip Chee

Re: mozilla-made webmail?

Post by Philip Chee »

minervaio wrote:OK, I have no idea where to post/send this idea, but here it is:

You know how we all have, like, sixteen email accounts now? And how we all have, like, six different devices we use for accessing those accounts? Wouldn't it be cool if there were an online place were we could send all of our email, so that we could access all of it from whatever device we happened to be on at the moment, instead of having to download messages to the device, making those messages unavailable to our other devices?

Yes, I know that most email accounts support forwarding, and lots of people forward their email to a yahoo, gmail, or other account -- but the online user interface for every email account I own is uniformly awful. It's either so saturated with advertising and 'content' that I feel like I'm going to have a seizure every time I open the thing, or it forces me to use a different browser to get all the bells and whistles I need, or it's so 'simple' as to be more or less useless.

I wish there was something like Thunderbird online. Any chance this might happen in my lifetime?

The Thunderbird team is experimenting with a web application called "Raindrop". So far it's mostly vapourware but who knows.

Phil
minervaio

Post by minervaio »

ooh, ooh! Is there a support/development site? I'd love to look into it...
minervaio

Post by minervaio »

Yes, there is!

http://mozillalabs.com/raindrop

for anyone else interested....