MozillaZine

Auto-Open Document at Program Launch ?

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
dedw8

Post Posted June 20th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Hi,

I'm not a programmer or anything, but I do sometimes like to compose documents in the Kompozer, including long emails (instead of using the email client). When I do this I usually only have one document being edited at a time, so I would like to be able to open Kompozer (or SM's built-in Composer which I also have) and have that document already 'opened' and ready for editing. I tried doing this in SM's Composer, but the shortcut I made opened the document in the browser, not the editor, so I still needed to go through a series of clicks to get where I wanted. :(

So, I'm curious.... is there an easy way (that I obviously haven't found yet in my searching so far) of having either a quick-launch icon or a desktop icon that would open Kompozer with the desired document opened ?

Thanks for any input ! :)

vazhavandan

Post Posted December 12th, 2012, 11:32 am

@dedw8
I think you want to edit html files in seamonkey composer
i think you are using win 7 .open you c drive in windows 7 then double click on the folder list thing on the top and then it will open a location bar
In the location bar type shell:sendto
create a shortcut in this folder with command <folderpath>seamonkey -edit
then close the sendto folder
Now right click on html file an then choose sendto and then seamonkey composer to open the html file in composer

Return to Other Applications and Distributions