Need Help w/ Postbox - Message Truncated

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Olivia0906

Need Help w/ Postbox - Message Truncated

Post by Olivia0906 »

Hello,

I have the latest Postbox, and using msn.com e-mail account with it.

It was OK for a while, but it stopped downloading messages with port 993. Then, when I changed the port for my msn.com account as it is suggested, 995, it worked . . . BUT, it started truncating the messages, saying this:

Truncated!This message exceeded the Maximum Message Size set in the settings for the account, so we have only downloaded the first few lines from the mail server.

Click here to download the rest of the message.

And, I cannot get the rest of the message either . .

• How can I change the Maximum Message Size with Postbox?
  • Or, is this a msn.com issue?

Thank you for your help!

Olivia
LoudNoise

Re: Need Help w/ Postbox - Message Truncated

Post by LoudNoise »

Go to your webmail site and view the message in question. If it is crap then just delete it and I suspect the problem will go away.

That said, you spent money for Postbox. That is likely not a good idea.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Olivia0906

Post by Olivia0906 »

LoudNoise wrote:Go to your webmail site and view the message in question. If it is crap then just delete it and I suspect the problem will go away.

That said, you spent money for Postbox. That is likely not a good idea.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yep! I am figuring it out . . . it was not worth $10. Support on their site is worse than a phone book. They have pretty much abandoned the customers. I am thinking using MacMail just for my msn account because Postbox works OK with gmail. Hope the problem will disappear suddenly, just as it appeared.

Is Thunderbird any better?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Well, it doen't cost $10..00 and there is at least a gaggle of folks here that are willing help you out. I haven't had any problems with Thunderbird so I would suspect it is better.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Olivia0906

Post by Olivia0906 »

You are so right. Support is so important.
I will give it a try.

Thanks!