Postbox 3.0.8 query

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Lugwalker

Postbox 3.0.8 query

Post by Lugwalker »

I know that this is the Thunderbird forum, but I read somewhere that because of similarities between Thunderbird and Postbox I might be able to get suggestions on a Posbox matter here. Here goes:

I configured Postbox to empty the 'Deleted' folder on exit. However, it never seems to happen and I end up deleting the items manually. Would you have a look at the settings and if you have any suggestions for improving the settings I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Acer Veriton 4 4620G (3.6 GHz); Intel Core i5; 16gb ram; 500 GB HD; Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).
tanstaafl

Re: Postbox 3.0.8 query

Post by tanstaafl »

Thunderbird has an account setting to "empty trash on exit". The name of the trash folder varies in some localized versions. I've seen some that called it "deleted". You appear to be using a POP account so I'd expect "empty deleted folder on exit" to be the same feature. I don't see anything wrong. Its been a long while since I tried Postbox (it was at least version 3.0 though) but the account's server settings worked the same way in both Postbox and Thunderbird.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Moved to the Other Applications forum.
Lugwalker

Post by Lugwalker »

Thank you.

As you say, I seem to have things correctly set for automatic deletion on exit. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me but I can live with that. I just like to see things working properly. ;)
Acer Veriton 4 4620G (3.6 GHz); Intel Core i5; 16gb ram; 500 GB HD; Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).
Lugwalker

Post by Lugwalker »