Postbox 3.0 "beeping"

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
pbgalvin

Postbox 3.0 "beeping"

Post by pbgalvin »

Hi, just bought and trying out postbox on mac os Mavericks. Seems like their help says to go here to try to get support?

Anyway, frequently when typing an email, I'll get a loud unpleasant noise when I hit say "reply", and then for each character typed I get a "beep" - the sound for example the mac gives you if you type a character when input isn't allowed. But the characters are accepted. Very odd and annoying. Clues would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Peter
tanstaafl

Re: Postbox 3.0 "beeping"

Post by tanstaafl »

This forum is for Thunderbird support, but since Postbox is based on enhancements to a old version of Thunderbird, its okay to ask for help here. Please keep in mind that most people who may try to help you don't know anything about Postbox. I assume you're really using Postbox 3.0.8, not 3.0.

I haven't heard of a similar problem. Try running in safe mode ("help -> restart with add-ons disabled" or use a -safe-mode command line argument) to temporarily disable all add-ons to see if one of them is the culprit. This "safe mode" has nothing to do with Windows safe mode. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode . You might also try disabling "spell checking as you type"
pbgalvin

Re: Postbox 3.0 "beeping"

Post by pbgalvin »

Thanks much. It was a third party spell checking misbehaving.