Postbox Trial, can't even open program

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
july1962

Postbox Trial, can't even open program

Post by july1962 »

So I just installed the trial version of Postbox 3 on my mac, but when I try to open the program I get this error: "Profile Missing Your Postbox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible."

So in the Postbox knowledge base, it tells me to open Terminal and insert this: "/Applications/Postbox.app/Contents/MacOS/postbox-bin -profilemanager"

That gives me this error:

Error: Access was denied while trying to open files in your profile directory.
2014-03-03 08:45:34.795 postbox-bin[62191:c503] .sdef warning for argument 'FileType' of command 'save' in suite 'Standard Suite': 'saveable file format' is not a valid type name.

Can anyone help with this?
rsx11m

Re: Postbox Trial, can't even open program

Post by rsx11m »

While Postbox branched off an early Thunderbird 3.0 alpha, it is not Thunderbird and thus not covered in the TB Support forum. Moved to Other Applications.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggest you install Thunderbird and let the new account wizard add your accounts and create your profile. Exit Thunderbird. Postbox should automatically find and reuse that profile as it is based on modifications to a old version of Thunderbird. If Thunderbird runs into the same problem it will be much easier getting help for it.
july1962

Post by july1962 »

OK, I installed Thunderbird, and am getting the same error:

"Your Thunderbird profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible."
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Delete your profiles.ini file and then try running Thunderbird again. It should automatically create a profiles.ini file that points to a stub of a profile, and bring up the new account wizard. Any data you add using the new account wizard should be saved in the profile when you exit.

Check your file permissions for the directory that should have the profiles.ini file, if you don't have one. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profiles.ini_file http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird