fast yet featureless

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
closet geek

fast yet featureless

Post by closet geek »

Really quick rendering but rubbish user interace and the sum total of ZERO features, oh dear, they've had so much longer than Phoenix too!
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

???

What features are you looking for?

Have you checked the macro scripting capabilities?
closet geek

Post by closet geek »

No I haven't stefan, I'm not that sure if I'm willing to either! As far as I can tell it has problems with mouse gestures & no kind of address completion or tabs, please correct me if I'm wrong!
C14L

re

Post by C14L »

closet geek wrote:No I haven't stefan, I'm not that sure if I'm willing to either! As far as I can tell it has problems with mouse gestures & no kind of address completion or tabs, please correct me if I'm wrong!

You are wrong. At least about tabs. The other stuff I don's use or don't care, so I can't tell. KM ist a fine and very fast browser; and with a great scripting language to configure almost anything. Using that scripting language, it is possible to add easily new functions and features.

Don't judge a tool you don't even know.
closet geek

Post by closet geek »

I have actually used it now, I will agree that it's very fast just not feature backed, & makes browsing a bit of a chore.
mozzmike

Post by mozzmike »

I have a pretty old (Pentium MMX 200 Mhz, 32 MB RAM) computer that I just use for surfing/text processing . . the combination of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word would just bring it down to its knees, while Phoenix would run quite slowly. Having switched to Abiword and K-Meleon, its a whole different story. . though I'll still use Phoenix on my other box, K-Meleon really impressed me with its speed/customizability (the ability to move around/delete/rename/change the keyboard shortcut for any menu options was great, and I had phoenix-like tab functionality almost immediately by setting a new File option for New Layer, setting the shortcut to CTRL T, and then setting a URL bar shortcut to CTRL L) . . so i guess what i'm saying is great job to the developers, and like apples in oranges (a comparison from another thread) phoenix/mozilla and k-meleon each have their niche.