The End

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
BopBe

Re: The End

Post by BopBe »

It was an amazing run. Kudos to everyone involved in maintaining the site/forums for all these years, a very remarkable feat indeed.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

AFAICT we are still around after all these months :-) Something tells me we aren't going away anytime soon.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
bawldiggle

Post by bawldiggle »

I hope you are right ... MZine has been a good friend to me
. . . never to old to learn!
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

bawldiggle wrote:I hope you are right ... MZine has been a good friend to me
Agreed. =D>
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Anybody get the idea that something may have happened to kerz, is no longer around and are unable to complete the task?

He did state he didn't have the time, but did not say why.

The reddit page he created for mozillaZine refugees doesn't appear very active.

The KB is archived. Right?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The Knowledge Base has been archived but that's been the only major change. I'm not sure that any useful purpose is being served at this point by continuing this thread as things are still running as before and there have been no new announcements.
FirefoxForever11111

Post by FirefoxForever11111 »

Thank you for this great and useful website! I wish you the best in life!
:)
d4rkn1ght

Post by d4rkn1ght »

I'm just hopping some serious reconsideration had been made to either continue or pass the keys to someone else. This site it's far to valuable to just go extinct. [-o<
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

I hadn't been here in ages, and was dismayed to read that the site was shutting down. But then...it looked like it was still up and running! I'm so glad. :)

I'm not a regular here by a long shot, but when I do have an issue/question, this has always been a great place to go for help.

I haven't had a chance to look around yet, but perhaps the owner put up a 'donation' page/button? If not, they should! I, for one, would be more than happy to donate occasionally, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. If everyone tossed in a little here and there, perhaps the owner wouldn't be so burdened. Of course I don't know that money is the issue, or an issue, but I'm guessing it's at least part of it.

Anyway, glad to see you're still here, and hope you will be indefinitely! :D
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi LUS1991,
The owner, Jason Kerz, stated the reasons in the 1st post in this topic.

Money, apparently, is not an issue, but time & most probably, his family & work are now the priority. (IMHO)

So, we all keep our fingers etc., etc., crossed that someone will/has taken it over.
Glad you've stayed around.

Stay safe.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
LinuxUserSince1991

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi LUS1991,
The owner, Jason Kerz, stated the reasons in the 1st post in this topic.
I guess I skimmed through it too fast! I remember jumping to the last page to see what the latest was...
Money, apparently, is not an issue, but time & most probably, his family & work are now the priority. (IMHO)
So, we all keep our fingers etc., etc., crossed that someone will/has taken it over.
The fact that it's still up and running is a very good sign. Perhaps someone has taken over...? But it seems like there would be an announcement. I wish I could commit to the responsibility of taking it over, but due to illness, I just can't. In fact, last month I made the very difficult decision to let two of my domains go--and I'd had one of them for 20+ years. :( So this just isn't the right time.
Glad you've stayed around.
Thanks!
Stay safe.
You too. :)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Perhaps someone has taken over...?
No, but it seems to be running fairly well "on auto-pilot".
LinuxUserSince1991

DanRaisch wrote:
Perhaps someone has taken over...?
No, but it seems to be running fairly well "on auto-pilot".
I'll take it! Auto-pilot or whatever, as long as it's up, it's all good.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

WaltS48 wrote:Anybody get the idea that something may have happened to kerz, is no longer around and are unable to complete the task?

He did state he didn't have the time, but did not say why.

The reddit page he created for mozillaZine refugees doesn't appear very active.

The KB is archived. Right?
At the very least, he could have provided admin password and privileges to a successor. Bad kerz.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Was the site down for anybody else today? It was down for me in 2 locations. I thought for sure that was "the end" of it. Yet, now it is back.