Installing Netscape 7 for Linux

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
bdeonline

Installing Netscape 7 for Linux

Post by bdeonline »

I am trying to install Netscpe 7.01 for Linux and the installer will not work it gives me this error in a terminal

line 45: ./netscape-installer-bin: command not found

but netscape-installer-bin is in the same folder as the installer and it still doesn't want to work any ideas?

I a Linux Newbe and using Red Hat Linux 8.0 currently using Gnome 2.0 but also have KDE 3.0 installed
marc00s

Post by marc00s »

Open the installer file with an editor (e.g. mcedit ./netscape-installer-bin) and check what command
is in the 45th line. This is the one you're missing.
cdn

Post by cdn »

you are running ./netscape-installer from under netscape-installer ? aren't you ?
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

I found out the problem when I did it I was typing
/home/netscape-installer/netscape-installer
but what I did and what I was suppose to do is type cd /home enter, cd /netscape-installer enter, and then ./netscape-installer.

I would have figured that it would be like the Mozilla ones I just had to double click them and they began running.
karenfromcali

Re: Installing Netscape 7 for Linux

Post by karenfromcali »

I'm having the same issue and can't figure out the problem. Here is my error message:
netscape-installer-bin: command not found

what do i do?
LoudNoise

Re: Installing Netscape 7 for Linux

Post by LoudNoise »

Not a record but not bad. You have awoken a thread from 2003. Locking. Please start a new thread fully explaining the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."