Netscape 9 removes SuiteMonkey

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
rubinfarm

Problem with profile after using Netscape

Post by rubinfarm »

I have been using SeaMonkey for most of my mail for some time. Love it BTW. Anyway, last night I clicked a help button in an application and automatically launched Netscape. It told me I had to close Mozilla (Sea Monkey) so I did.

Now, my mail accounts are gone .... it asks me to set up accounts when I open mail. My address book does the same, but when I click cancel, my addresses show up.

I have deleted the .msf files as instructed in another post, and also parent.lock . I'm still having the problem though. Netscape is definitely hijacking the profile, because it has all my bookmarks, etc.

Any idea how I can fix this? . I am on a MacOSX

Thanks!
Suzi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

If you are using Netscape 7.x, then you can't use it at the same time as SeaMonkey since What happens if you start up with the SeaMonkey profile manager? How many profiles do you see? Do you see one called "default"?

Phil
rubinfarm

Post by rubinfarm »

I don't actually use Netscape at all, it just opened when I clicked on help in another application. I will delete it from my system as soon as I fix this.
I can't find anything to change profiles in Netscape, but in SeaMonkey, the only one that shows up is "default."
Suzi
Pim

Post by Pim »

Which version of Netscape? 8.x and 9.x don't share profiles with SeaMonkey or the Mozilla Suite, but 6.x and 7.x do.
Is either SeaMonkey or Netscape running in QuickLaunch mode? (Ehm, do the MacOS versions have the QuickLaunch feature at all?)
Groetjes, Pim
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

rubinfarm wrote:I don't actually use Netscape at all, it just opened when I clicked on help in another application. I will delete it from my system as soon as I fix this.
In SeaMonkey go Edit->Preferences->Advanced->System.

Under "Windows should use SeaMonkey to handle these file types:
[x] HTML documents.

Under "Windows should use SeaMonkey to handle these protocols:
[x] http:
[x] https:

Make sure that these are checked, then click on [OK]

Phil
rubinfarm

Post by rubinfarm »

Pim-
The Netscape version is 7.x .

Phil-
I'm working on a Mac and don't have these options. Advanced options are Scripts, Keyboard, Cache, Proxies, HTTP Networking, Software Installation, Mouse Wheel and DOM Inspector. None of them have this specified.
Suzi