View Tags, colors, etc. don't work in IceApe Composer

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
georgesbasement

View Tags, colors, etc. don't work in IceApe Composer

Post by georgesbasement »

Something is missing from the Composer package that I'm using in the IceApe (Debian version of SeaMonkey) package.
1. When I select the "view tags" menu item, my view of the file shows blank spaces where the tag icons should be.
2. When I (blindly) set a tag and then attempt to link to it from the "add link" menu item, the link doesn't work in "browse page" mode - nothing happens when I click on the link - even though I've set the "relative link" box. The link is to another place in the same file.
3. Colors do not show, either in Composer or in Browser mode, but do show just fine in Firefox. It's annoying to have to set the colors blindly in Composer.

Thanks,
George Langford
georgesbasement
georgesbasement

Re: View Tags, colors, etc. don't work in IceApe Composer

> Something is missing from the Composer package that I'm using in the IceApe (Debian version of SeaMonkey) package.

I just tried to edit the same file in WinXPSP3 - where the suite is called SeaMonkey ... _after_ installing the latest version. Same problems. So it's a Composer problem, unrelated to the operating system. Two computers - PC for the Debian OS, Sony Laptop for the Windows OS.

Thanks,
George Langford
georgesbasement
georgesbasement

Re: View Tags, colors, etc. don't work in IceApe Composer

> 2. When I (blindly) set a tag and then attempt to link to it from the "add link" menu item, the link doesn't work in "browse page" mode - nothing happens when I click on the link - even though I've set the "relative link" box. The link is to another place in the same file.

This was a mistake on my part - I was setting the anchors on selected cells, and they weren't "taking." Once I set them on a block of text, they started working OK. However, the tags (anchors included) still become invisible blanks in "view tags" mode.

Thanks,
George Langford
georgesbasement