Vivaldi 2.0

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Kevin McFarlane

Vivaldi 2.0

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

"Today’s update includes Sync, Resizable Tab Tiling, Floating Web Panels and over 1,500 improvements since the first version of Vivaldi."

I tried Vivaldi a while back and was just starting to use it a bit more as one of my alternative browsers before my desktop hard disk failed around the start of the year. But since then I haven't returned. Though it has been sitting gathering dust on my laptop.

But I thought I'd install it again on my desktop too. I probably still won't use it much (I live mainly between Firefox and Opera at the moment) but I find that for certain specific tasks I sometimes turn to one of the other browsers. No one browser is better than all others for all tasks.
tanstaafl

Re: Vivaldi 2.0

Post by tanstaafl »

I've been using Vivaldi as my main browser for a good while. I keep Firefox mainly just for netflix and amazon prime video as recently there are too many cases were netflix refuses to stream a show because it can tell Vivaldi is not Chrome. I don't understand the dependencies as most shows are unaffected. The last two weeks there have been a lot of crashes of Vivaldi (despite numerous minor upgrades), upgrading to 2.0 seems to have fixed that.

I'm using just the click&clean, privacy badger, and ublock origin extensions.
Kevin McFarlane

Re: Vivaldi 2.0

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

I'll try and start using it more again. It seems to have moved on quite a bit since I last tried it. One Chrome extension I tried which never worked now does for example.

Anyway, it's laughable when Opera and Vivaldi are dismissed as Chrome clones when both are more feature-rich than Chrome.