Trying to print PNG graphics in a gmail email message body

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
motivated

Trying to print PNG graphics in a gmail email message body

Post by motivated »

In FF, I try to capture the PNG graphics inside the message body of a gmail. I choose Print, print to pdf and it saves one page - not the 7 pages. I then chose Microsoft Print to PDF and it also just saved one page. I can copy/paste jpgs in the message body into Word or Libre Writer but not PNGs. Is there an easier way to accomplish this? Thanks.
LIMPET235

Re: Trying to print PNG graphics in a gmail email message bo

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the Tech. forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

I suppose it is a huge graphic. If that's the case, then I suspect Firefox is set to "fit [width] to the page". And because the same driver is used to print on paper or on pdf, then the same size adjustments occur.

Assuming your graphic is really a large one, here are a few ideas:

– In Firefox, select Print, then select the type of printing you want (ex: Microsoft Print to PDF), then select "More parameters", and further down, select the % of enlargement you want.

– Alternatively, in Firefox, right-click on the image and select "Save as". Then save it on your desktop and do whatever you want with the file. You could import it in a graphic program, print it from the desktop (I think it can be done via Paint)... or even paste it in a blank word-processor document.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
morat

Post by morat »

Maybe all the images aren't loaded. Try scrolling the page to the bottom before printing.

Did you remember to check the "Print backgrounds" option?

Test page with background images
http://www.mozillazine.org/
motivated

Post by motivated »

The PNGs are not large. They are graphics of small boxes displaying how a task is done in software. There's text and then the graphic follows or is next to it. If the graphic is a jpg I can copy/paste the text and the graphic into Word or Libre Writer and it all copies fine. It will not copy a PNG in a gmail. There are too many to keep saving each PNG as a separate file and then importing those graphics one-by-one into Word or Writer later. I do have "Print backgrounds" option activated. Thanks.