Alternative browser

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Anonymosity

Re: Alternative browser

Post by Anonymosity »

I like Pale Moon (which is now called White Star for a Mac). It is a pretty good browser and it is still configurable just as SeaMonkey is. I also have 3 chromium browsers, but I use them less often.
robobox

Post by robobox »

I use Firefox Nightly most of the time these days.
- sincerely, robobox
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:I dabbled with Waterfox some time back (when it was still Legacy only).

I don't recall any compelling reason to use it (much less their Quantum [Proton ?] version).

FF is still more configurable (more easily configurable) then any Chrome browser.
And I can still, mostly, determine (as in I have the say in) what FF is able to do, compared to Chrome - where I'd be at a far greater loss.

Some spout that Chrome is "faster" on particular websites (like facebook or whatever), but I don't facebook, so that matters not to me. ("Speed" is never an overriding concern to me. Functionality & UI is far more important.)

(I haven't really looked at "other" browsers in well over a year now. [No Internet at home.])

If I need to visit a site where SeaMonkey doesn't work well (or at all), I'll open FF.
NoScript is still there. uBlock is still there. There was a decent downloader - not signed, so relegated to "nightly" (& no idea if it is still viable today?).
therube,

Waterfox is essentially the ESR 78 version of Firefox... all those new extensions that work on Firefox, work on Waterfox too. I like its interface.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
frg

Post by frg »

Personally I think this topic has overstayed its welcome and should either be closed or moved to a general discussion section. Has no longer anything to do with SeaMonkey support.

FRG
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Agreed. Moving to MozillaZine Tech.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

I look back and remember OmniWeb for mac and they were going to port it to windows but it never happened. Remeber Roccat?? So much talk and YT videos describing the demise of FF. We just want the FF powers that be to make FF the browser to have over all others.....Pipe dream???? Have always been loyal to FF and use Vivaldi as secondary when things don't happen (on rare occasions).
Elementary...

ASROCK H470 Custom, i5-4.3Ghz, Patriot 32GB ram, LC-Power 1Tb M.2 SSD NVME, 2 X Samsung 1Tb Evo 870, Win11 Pro, TB always latest stable.
jazei-AR

Post by jazei-AR »

2º Ungoogle chromium, both SM and Ung chro.... do not conecting with nothing at starting. I used to use lots of browsers
there are webpages that don´t work in SM we need actual browser, so ungoogle chromium is necesary for this.
From Argentine, using Win 7 pro 64 bit on intel Celeron inside!!!!, 4Gb RAM, Browsers: seamonkey 32 bits & Ungoogle Chromium.
and my RAM Use is always going up to the clouds...