Hotspotshield/Proxy/filter sites not working, alternatives?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
sandia911

Hotspotshield/Proxy/filter sites not working, alternatives?

Post by sandia911 »

Hotspotshield, and other Proxy/filter sites not working, alternatives?

Hey,

I need to access a few blocked personals sites in Oman, and eventually in the UAE, and Iran. I've been getting through using dontcensorme dot org, and vtunnel dot com, but they seem to be in the process of getting blocked. I also tried the https, instead of http trick, and it only worked with one site. I need an alternative free proxy website that isn't blocked yet? Hopefully two or three would be better.

I have hotspotshield installed on my laptop, but it doesn't seem to work in Oman, neither on Internet explorer or Firefox. What's the situation with Hotspot in the UAE, and especially Iran?

Purchashing VPN's isn't really an option right now due to cost, and especially since my time in the Middle East is going to last 6 months maximum, and most of these VPN services are paid annually.

Anyways, please advise me if you can on what to do to access these blocked sites.

Thanks
LoudNoise

Re: Hotspotshield/Proxy/filter sites not working, alternatives?

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Tech since this isn't a Firefox question.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
nanncy

Re: Hotspotshield/Proxy/filter sites not working, alternativ

Post by nanncy »

In my opinion using VPN is the best solution to bypass Geo-blocking and get free and secured access to any blocked content without restrictions over use. check this VPN [web site removed.] It was my favorite VPN when I were traveling for UAE, Oman, etc.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on April 22nd, 2015, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
LIMPET235

Re: Hotspotshield/Proxy/filter sites not working, alternativ

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks.....but...
This thread died on Tue 10th Feb 2009.

Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)