Folding@Home

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
RAF

Post by RAF »

Thanks, Johann. I was beginning to feel threatened as the only European...
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Yay, johann_p and gnuben folded a workunit each.. we're in the top 5000!
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
Axel In A Past Life

Post by Axel In A Past Life »

RAF wrote:Thanks, Johann. I was beginning to feel threatened as the only European...

I assume you meant Continental European. Or do I not count for some other reason?
Last edited by Axel In A Past Life on October 11th, 2004, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

rofl... shame on you RAF!!!
To be clear-headed rather than confused; lucid rather than obscure; rational rather than otherwise; and to be neither more, nor less, sure of things than is justifiable by argument or evidence. That is worth trying for.
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

I guess he meant "old Europe" :)
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
RAF

Post by RAF »

Oh dear...

Axel: of course you count! You're hot!

Johann got it right (as did shadow).
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

I joined too, just with my work machine, I'll install some clients on the servers too. And here at home also.
To be clear-headed rather than confused; lucid rather than obscure; rational rather than otherwise; and to be neither more, nor less, sure of things than is justifiable by argument or evidence. That is worth trying for.
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

3 more machines added including a dual proc machine, 4 more servers to go ;) (all dual xeons)
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

RAF_Moz_work seems to be on drugs or something! Pulling away from the rest.
Shadow's completing workunits, but not getting enough points.. guess the faster your PC, the lower the score?
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

yeah I guess so :(
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

And another dual Xeon Machine added (Shadow3333_work4)
RAF

Post by RAF »

vfwlkr wrote:RAF_Moz_work seems to be on drugs or something! Pulling away from the rest.
Shadow's completing workunits, but not getting enough points.. guess the faster your PC, the lower the score?

I don't know how it works. I have three computers calculating for RAF_Moz_work. All P4 2.4GHz, non-hyper threading. Although folding 24 hours a day is the only thing they do at the moment. The monitor is off. Everybody thinks they're broken ; )

RAF_Moz is my home pc which is doing all kinds of other stuff as well.
remline

Post by remline »

Shadow- I just wanted to make sure you are aware, in case you didn't know, that you can run multiple computers under the same name, so all your stats will show under just "Shadow3333," rather than having 4 different username in the stats. All depends on whether you wanna keep separate stats for all the machines. :)
Shadow3333

Post by Shadow3333 »

Thanks Remline, I did know that, just wanted to see if different processors give you different scores :)
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

We broke the rank 4000 barrier!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”