MozillaZine

Folding@Home

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Shadow3333

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:07 pm

:P hahaha i'll install it at work too, another 40 machines for us!!
To be clear-headed rather than confused; lucid rather than obscure; rational rather than otherwise; and to be neither more, nor less, sure of things than is justifiable by argument or evidence. That is worth trying for.

MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:08 pm

Gimme a chance, the dialup modem didn't work, started making clicking sounds and then all my cards quit working, I got sound back via stock dell onboard but the damn machine doesn't accept cards yet. But I'll eventually get there.

Sometimes I hate computers.

PS: you guys ought to be careful at work ;-)
Last edited by MeCasa on October 5th, 2004, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex is dirty only if it's done right .... Live and Let Live .... Rules are Boring and I Don't Like Them
...................................................... MeCasaEsSuCasa ................................................

RAF

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:08 pm

If I use the rest of the computers as well, we should be able to get about a hundred of them running..

MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:12 pm

Damn, a hundred, is that all

I git .....er...er......eh...wel...

I can't say right now, I'd have to count em :roll:
Sex is dirty only if it's done right .... Live and Let Live .... Rules are Boring and I Don't Like Them
...................................................... MeCasaEsSuCasa ................................................

Spewey
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:15 pm

I'll be done with my WU on Nov 26.

RAF

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:37 pm

Mine estimated about the same. After an hour or so, the estimated time left was reduced to about 30 hours.

johann_p

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:49 pm

I just want to remark that I read about an administrator who got fired for installing a similar program (I think it was SETI) on some office computers. Legally you might have to ask your boss if you are allowed to do that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Spewey
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:52 pm

I had a SETI machine (connected to a piece of lab equipment--not under IT Dept. jurisdiction) run for over a year after I left the company. YMMV

RAF

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 1:52 pm

He knows about it. We sell biochemicals and pharmaceutical substances (ever seen 96% pure cocaine? It's yellow!) so a few R&D guys were rather enthusiastic. Thanks for the warning, Johann. It's appreciated.

Shadow3333

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 3:29 pm

No problemo here, I make policy.
To be clear-headed rather than confused; lucid rather than obscure; rational rather than otherwise; and to be neither more, nor less, sure of things than is justifiable by argument or evidence. That is worth trying for.

MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 3:55 pm

RAF wrote:He knows about it. We sell biochemicals and pharmaceutical substances (ever seen 96% pure cocaine? It's yellow!) so a few R&D guys were rather enthusiastic. Thanks for the warning, Johann. It's appreciated.

Hey, I warned you too, where's my thanks :furious:

Shadow3333

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 3:57 pm

thnx MeCasa!

MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post Posted October 5th, 2004, 4:03 pm

:badgrin:

RAF

Post Posted October 8th, 2004, 1:04 am

Spewey has joined :)

There is also a Firefox team. I think we have to beat them.

Shadow3333

Post Posted October 8th, 2004, 1:04 am

Didn't came around to install it yet, hope to do it today.

Return to MozillaZine Tech