How to make a Firebird Installer...

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Lost User 8002

How to make a Firebird Installer...

Post by Lost User 8002 »

I just made a customized version of Firebird, and now I'd like to create an installer for it, similar to the installers made by Seb for Firebird, Thunderbird, and Sunbird...
I've downloaded the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, and I've been able to make an installer that takes a XIP file and makes it into an EXE file, but how do I get it to add the Shortcuts and make the Registry Entries, similar to Seb's Installer???
Jack

Re: How to make a Firebird Installer...

Post by Jack »

DeltaGuy wrote:I just made a customized version of Firebird, and now I'd like to create an installer for it, similar to the installers made by Seb for Firebird, Thunderbird, and Sunbird...
I've downloaded the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, and I've been able to make an installer that takes a XIP file and makes it into an EXE file, but how do I get it to add the Shortcuts and make the Registry Entries, similar to Seb's Installer???

Download his script files that are on the seb.mozdev.org/firebird site. Change a few variables, and you're set to go.

Jack
seb

Post by seb »

In http://seb.mozdev.org/firebird/installer.nsi , read the parts of the script between "SubSection" and "SubSectionEnd", and the whole -post section. It should answer your queries about adding shortcuts and making registry keys.
You have some code that corresponds to it in the uninstaller too (Section Uninstall).

I'm sorry I couldn't read the forums recently. I've lots of work to do, and I've somehow a bit forgotten to read mZ daily. But I usually read my emails many times a day, so if you need some more help, feel free to ask at XXXXXXXXXXXXX.net.