CD player?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
nilson

CD player?

Post by nilson »

Heres my setup:

Thats one wall in my room. In the upper left corner, where you see the speakers, I need a CD player with a built-in amp (>100watts) player that'll
fit in that space on the left of the speakes. I could get one that'll fit on the dresser underneath, but It'd be kinda cool if I could get one that would fit in that space.

I have a home entertainment sys on the other wall with a 500-watt 5.1 surround sound Kenwood AMP, but I am not going to move it.
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Panasonic SC-PM18 5CD/120W/CDRW/$149
or
Panasonic SC-PM28 5CD/140W/CDRW/MP3/$199

I have the former.
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
nilson

Post by nilson »

Those are good prices :)

I have an old DVD player I am going to use as the CD player right now, but it doesn't support MP3/CD-R, so I'll still need to get something else.
nilson

Post by nilson »

Here's the DVD player + speakers set up. Hopefully soon there'll be an amp there as well.

nilson

Post by nilson »

Can anyone reccommend a good stereo amp thats around 200-250 watts (100-125 watts per channel). It'd be good it it was in the $80-$100 price range. It doesn't need to support optical input or surround or even radio - thats what the Kenwood is for.

Thanks.
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

I struggled to find anything that cheap that was that powerful so you may want to look somewhere like here http://www.audioweb.com/
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
Lost User 8002

Post by Lost User 8002 »

You need a new desk...
nilson

Post by nilson »

I know.

How about something with 80 watts per channel? I will look at Circuit City as well.

EDIT: How's this: http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8021&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=38868? It has good power (210 watts, or 105 per channel). D oyou think it is any good?
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

nilson wrote:I know.

How about something with 80 watts per channel? I will look at Circuit City as well.

EDIT: How's this: http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8021&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=38868? It has good power (210 watts, or 105 per channel). D oyou think it is any good?

Specs are pretty basic, but its definitely the most powerful I've seen for the price.

ROb
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

just out of curiosity, wouldn't it somewhat enhance the stereo effect if you move one of the two speakers to the shelf on the right (I'd suggest the one for the right channel :) )
nilson

Post by nilson »

Yea, but I want to keep them both on one shelf; I might move them later.
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

vfwlkr wrote:Panasonic SC-PM18 5CD/120W/CDRW/$149
or
Panasonic SC-PM28 5CD/140W/CDRW/MP3/$199

I have the former.

you have had good experiences with panasonic? they make excellent speakers (i used to work in one of their speaker plants - panasonic speakers are everywhere, even if you think it's another brand), but i've had bad experience with 2 cd players by them and 1 cordless phone. the cd player in my car (discman) is a panasonic that skips b/c the memory doesn't work too well, and my phone's battery will only hold a charge for about 2 hours (it's maybe 1 year old).

good to see that they do things right sometimes.

i'm looking into getting a new stereo soon, too, but i have it written down elsewhere (on the computer that isn't starting) what exactly i'm thinking about.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover