Integrating/plugins: other programs?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
susano

Post by susano »

I have a couple of programs that I would like to integrate into Mozilla Firebird and can't seem to figure out how to do this. They are Stardownloader and Roboform. There doesn't seem to be any way to add ones own plugins to 'Extensions'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

susano
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

StarDownloader:
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html

Roboform:
http://www.roboform.com/manual.html#browser_nn6

The latter link should apply to both Firebird and Mozilla, I think.
susano

Post by susano »

Thanks for the info, but, unfortunately, no success with either. After re-installing the latest version of StarDownloader it's still not integrating into Firebird and Roboform's plugin is, apparently, not applicable to Firebird either. There seems to be no way to add extensions in 'Tools\Options\Extensions' that I can find, short of downloading them from the Firebird web-site. Is there any way, manually, to accomplish this? Any way at all?!

At my wits end,
susano
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Try downloading this .reg file:
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/firebird.reg

You must edit it to fit your installation paths without changing the double backslashes or the registry entry paths. Then save, and double click on it. Then reinstall the applications and hopefully they'll pick up Firebird.

The manual way for StarDownloader is to copy npstar.dll to %Program Files%\%MozillaFirebird%\plugins and restart the browser.
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

How does RoboForm differ from the built-in password/form manager? Just curious ...
susano

Integrating/plugins: other programs

Post by susano »

I will try to follow these instructions but have to admit to being somewhat of a newbie to some of the more technical aspects such as registry editing. I actually did my first reg/edit the other day to remove a glitched component of my Norton Systemworks that simply wouldn't un-install any other way (to re-install a working version). However I happened to stumble upon a page on the internet that gave me detailed instructions for doing that. May take me hours but I'll see what I can do. I always enjoy a challenge. Thanks again.

In Roboform you enter all your personal info such as name, address, e-mail, credit card # as well as login names & passwords. In Internet Explorer, when you go to a page that requires that kind of info, a box appears in the upper right corner of the page and all you do is click on 'Fill Form' enter your password (if you've encrypted it) and it automatically fills in all relevent data for that page. I know that Mozilla will save all your passwords, but it's nice not to have to fill in all the info when I shop on-line.

susano
susano

Post by susano »

I just want to thank you so much for your help. I finally got StarDownloader integrated into Firebird. It took doing it manually and awhile for me to figure out exactly how to do it. But success at last! And everytime I do something new like this, I learn more. Still can't seem to get Roboforms integrated, but maybe it just can't be done. Thanks again! \:D/

susano