McDonalds wireless

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
banjobacon!

McDonalds wireless

Post by banjobacon! »

http://mcdwireless.com

McDonalds is starting to offer wifi access at a few locations. Good idea? Does it matter?

I think it's pretty cool. I used to go to Burger King to eat with friends, and we'd just sit there for 2 hours talking. Having a laptop connected to the internet would have provided a bit more fun at times.
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Good idea.. i wish there was free wireless internet connection available everywhere :)
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
banjobacon!

Post by banjobacon! »

Well, it's not free. The site doesn't say how much it is, since it varies from location to location, but it might be rather inexpensive. While at McDonalds I saw the price $2.95 shown, but it wasn't clear how long the access would last. I was reading the sign upside down and was too hungry to pay much attention to what I was reading.
chrisgeleven

Post by chrisgeleven »

Unfortunately there is the side effect of that infamous McDonalds smell embedding itself into your clothes and computer...
Apple Macbook (Black) - 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250GB HD, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Firefox 3.6.x
Lost User 8002

Post by Lost User 8002 »

It's only in two places in Canada...
banjobacon!

Post by banjobacon! »

50 locations in New York though!

Its still a trial though. IN a year there might be none anywhere, or they might be all over the place.

This reminds me that I had the idea that a wifi network should be provided in the NYC subway system. When you're on a long commute, it would be nice to be able to read the news on your laptop or something. I'm sure they can afford a few hotspots with the extra money they're making after the latest fare hike.

Then again, there are a few areas you wouldnt want to have your laptop visible in.