HELP for ask search toolbar

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
austen_brain

HELP for ask search toolbar

Post by austen_brain »

ask search toolbar takes over my chrome homepage somehow. I tried to uninstall it, ask search still can not removed. So any idea to remove it completely? i don't want it appear again. someone give me a removal guide link herel, i want sth simple too solve the problem.
Please help me
LoudNoise

Re: HELP for ask search toolbar

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving tlo tech :roll:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Should you need any more help go to Google Chrome site.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Grumpus

Re: HELP for ask search toolbar

Post by Grumpus »

You need to find where Chrome saves it's plugins, extensions or search engines and find the xml or other extension which Ask uses.
If there is an associated search helper file, some browser have these depending on OS, you may need to disable that as well or edit it.
Sometimes you canperform a system wide search, once you've pegged the filetype, then remove it(them).
In my opinion Ask is a criminal enterprise instituted by Verizon, with a nod and wink from various providers for the information it gathers and sends back to recovery agents.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you