Audio geeks, guitar pedal modders?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
patrickjdempsey

Audio geeks, guitar pedal modders?

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Probably about as "low tech" as it gets, but do any of you guys play around with modding guitar pedals?

I'm working on a few projects right now for the summer... to get away from the computer a bit... music is a sort-of social activity right? :D

Anyway, one of the things I've been thinking about for quite some time is being able to "play" my pedals and effects boards as an electronic instrument separate from using them on my guitar and bass. So I've been thinking about finding an old 9V AM radio and putting a power tap on it and turning it into a white-noise generator. This would be cool because I could also use that as a way to test my pedals as I mod them. I have an old Heathkit sine/square generator but pure tones I think may be a bit boring... unless I could mod the Heathkit and turn it into some kind of noise monster?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Grumpus

Re: Audio geeks, guitar pedal modders?

Post by Grumpus »

Even though it uses a physical interrupt method, what about a Theramin?
Might even come up with a new way to jam Amazon's drone signals. ;)
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Audio geeks, guitar pedal modders?

Post by malliz »

Used to be a fair few mods on Hackaday
http://hackaday.com/?s=guitar+pedal
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"