Firefox 31.0 2nd user problems

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Geeky

Firefox 31.0 2nd user problems

Post by Geeky »

I have already posted this question in the Firefox Support forum and only one user has offered help and suggested I should try here, so here's the story:

A couple of weeks ago, I upgraded my desktop PC to Win 8.1 and I'm still in the process of configuration. All has been working quite well with two user profiles, both using Firefox as their default browser. On 30th July, after taking a lunch break and waking the PC from sleep mode, in the second user profile, Firefox opened with an empty screen; no menu or bookmarks bars and no response when left clicking the menu button. If I used the F10 button on the keyboard to bring up the traditional menu bar, I could temporarily restore the menu and bookmarks bars but they would disappear again on rebooting Firefox. In the second user profile, the menu button never shows a drop-down menu when left-clicking but it does respond correctly to a right-click. However, the presentation on screen is unstable because the menu bars disappear each time I close FF and can only be restored by using F10 to open the Menu bar. If I put a url in the search box and hit Enter, the web site is found, so the basic functionality is still there.
I couldn't find anything on line so, in desperation, I deleted the defective Windows user, rebooted Windows and created another user. Unfortunately, the problem with Firefox persists for the new user but the primary user still has no difficulty and Firefox works perfectly there.
In the process, I also tried resetting Firefox but that seemed to have no effect.
I'm now rather desperate so would be most grateful for any suggestions.
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox 31.0 2nd user problems

Post by LoudNoise »

Kindly stay with your original thread. By starting this new you will likely get the same suggestions as a start that you have gotten already. Locking. Continue here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2857301
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."