modem/router

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
rtrg

modem/router

Post by rtrg »

I posted here because I do not see a GENERAL topic forum. I am using a typical cable modem router combination, 2 units in series. I am looking for a COMBINATION unit, one that is a modem and router in one box, plug and play. It would have a phone line input, 1 or more phone line output, 4 or more ethernet outputs, one or more ethernet input, and one cable input. Similar to the now obsolete DSL boxes. I need names/models and whether my cable co. will accept it. Any help welcome. **********@gmail.com. Thanks.
LoudNoise

Re: modem/router

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to tech. Removed the address since the only folks who would email you are the spam bots.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
rtrg

Post by rtrg »

LoudNoise wrote:Moving to tech. Removed the address since the only folks who would email you are the spam bots.

Will I be notified when I get replies?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

One way or another. If am not mistaken if you have "Notify me upon replies by default:" you will get an email when someone replies. I have no idea if this is turned on by default. It either isn't, or given the nature of my work around here, I turned it off long ago.

That said, all you really have to do is log on and click on "View your Posts". The chances you are likely to get a helpful reply about the hardware you want is dicey. Unless one of our members have recently ran into the same problem the question would be better put in a router specific forum.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Look for TP-Link 4 port, wireless N ADSL2+, modem/router, model #TD-W8960N.
Has all your requirements.
Cheap as chips.
I've also used D-Link, (Not sure of model #), Billion is also good but cannot recommend any models, as I've never used any.

Why not try the whirlpool.au forum?
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/
or, as LN suggested, find your "local" forum.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking coz of spam...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)