µBlock (uBlock)

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Noitidart

Re: µBlock (uBlock)

Post by Noitidart »

LoudNoise wrote:^^ I don't care if it gets there or not. It isn't there but it seems that a number of folks are willing to take us to task for our lack of proper respect for this ghostware. . Kindly go away until you have something we can comment on.

Thumbs up. The only other time I've seen teaming like this out of the blue all of a sudden is in joint scams. Their behavior is so odd.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

harsha_mic wrote:Out of curiosity, May i know, how you categorized this product as ghostware!!!

And what would be that something which is reasonable to comment on..

It hasn't be offered at AMO. I haven't a clue if it works with Firefox nor do I have any reason to believe that it will ever get there.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Noitidart wrote:
LoudNoise wrote:^^ I don't care if it gets there or not. It isn't there but it seems that a number of folks are willing to take us to task for our lack of proper respect for this ghostware. . Kindly go away until you have something we can comment on.

Thumbs up. The only other time I've seen teaming like this out of the blue all of a sudden is in joint scams. Their behavior is so odd.

Likely true believers rather then scammers. If I thought there was any threat here it would be in locked :). As a group, the mods around here are not the sort to suffer things that should not be suffered.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
harsha_mic

Post by harsha_mic »

LoudNoise wrote:
harsha_mic wrote:Out of curiosity, May i know, how you categorized this product as ghostware!!!

And what would be that something which is reasonable to comment on..

It hasn't be offered at AMO. I haven't a clue if it works with Firefox nor do I have any reason to believe that it will ever get there.

Since, it is never has been discussed before on this forum. One can expect to know little of it.
What i am feeling sad about it is. People here aren't willing to go and read github wiki or on the internet, before confirming it as some joint scam.

Gorhill is from Canada. So, he will not be able to comment on this thread for the next 3-5 hours..

And yes it works for firefox now. The main issue it faces was with Firefox derivatives are about cosmetic part, which was listed here - https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/550
harsha_mic

Post by harsha_mic »

LoudNoise wrote:Likely true believers rather then scammers. If I thought there was any threat here it would be in locked :).

Thank You!
harsha_mic

Post by harsha_mic »

And why i am intersted to here from this forum, is People are lot more experienced with Firefox here than anywhere else.
Anyways, i will wait till it shows up in AMO for constructive feedback.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

On that vindication I will lock this in favor of the future thread once this is posted at AMO.
Post wrangler