Help! I am a rock@

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
gdot179

Help! I am a rock@

Post by gdot179 »

Hey, You.! :mrgreen:

I'm coming to your defense, so no bad attitude with me.

I've been adjusting FF to it's original presentation since day one.

But, I have done it incrementally as the years and versions have marched on.

Everything is in your profile so make a copy or make a new one and have at it and see how you can screw it up or get your desired result.

I guarantee you, no about:config or CSS looks like mine and I am still using my original profile with some folders/files that are long gone and FF doesn't care if I keep them or not.

There is no part of a profile that you would need a hex editor to make changes on.

There is no reason to get into the actual FF software that is in various other parts of your OS, so stay away or you'll need to re-install FF which doesn't affect your profile.

The longer you post to this thread, the more abuse you will get, so go mess with FF and you too can be a..................see my signature.
A proud user of Mozilla Python's Flying Circus software!
Frank Lion

Re: how to make firefox look and behave exactly like older o

Post by Frank Lion »

Oi, You, I see they've made a vid about, er, you. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh6xpck4OSQ
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
trolly

Post by trolly »

gdot179 wrote:Hey, You.! :mrgreen:

I'm coming to your defense, so no bad attitude with me.

I've been adjusting FF to it's original presentation since day one.

But, I have done it incrementally as the years and versions have marched on.

Everything is in your profile so make a copy or make a new one and have at it and see how you can screw it up or get your desired result.

I guarantee you, no about:config or CSS looks like mine and I am still using my original profile with some folders/files that are long gone and FF doesn't care if I keep them or not.

There is no part of a profile that you would need a hex editor to make changes on.

There is no reason to get into the actual FF software that is in various other parts of your OS, so stay away or you'll need to re-install FF which doesn't affect your profile.

The longer you post to this thread, the more abuse you will get, so go mess with FF and you too can be a..................see my signature.
Make us happy and explain how to make Firefox 36 look and act like Firefox 3.6 without modifying the firefox source.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
gdot179

Post by gdot179 »

Make us happy
and explain how to make Firefox 36 look and act like Firefox 3.6 without modifying the firefox source.

That would be telling!

As you can see, I have not dared to advance to Version 36 as yet, so you may have to wait awhile.

Building from source is trivial for us Linux guys and the source is available from an entity called Mozilla, the people that you acknowledge, are a mystery to you.

Make us happy

I'm out hiking through the mesa's here everyday and I'm happy so that's my time honored suggestion for everyone.
A proud user of Mozilla Python's Flying Circus software!
LoudNoise

Re: Help! I am a rock@

Post by LoudNoise »

Split off a support topic simply because gdot179 claim of special knowledge is becoming tiresome.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

trolly wrote:Make us happy and explain how to make Firefox 36 look and act like Firefox 3.6 without modifying the firefox source.

Move the decimal point ---->
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you