Installing GD, OD, etc on a new unit

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
brinke

Installing GD, OD, etc on a new unit

Post by brinke »

Considering a new Lenovo Yogo laptop. Here is my question.
*I have a HP desktop with Windows 7. The Lenovo would replace it. I have Picasa on it (for photos, from Google)…as well as Google Drive, and OneDrive, and Dropbox.

*Picasa displays all the various folders I have in MY PICTURES. They are all synched to go to Picasaweb online.
*Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox display all the folders you’ve put inside them, and they’re all online at their respective websites. Easy, we know all this.
Here’s where I have a query.
If I get the new laptop…what happens if I install those programs (GD, OD, DB, PW) on my new laptop? Once I install and sign in, will all the files in their current online location begin downloading to their new home on the Lenovo? (Instead of where they used to live on my HP.)
Or do I need to wipe out everything online and start over? Which would be…difficult.
Or…do I NOT install any of those programs, and just access stuff from/upload to/ the current online sites?
Make sense?
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Installing GD, OD, etc on a new unit

Post by malliz »

From my experience Picasa is pretty much end of life and does not work properly in windows 10. As to the rest I don't know I do not trust "The Cloud"
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"