Automating Thunderbord backup - trouble

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
ungawa

Automating Thunderbord backup - trouble

Post by ungawa »

On Windows 7 in Task Scheduler I set a new task to backup Thunderbird with Mozbackup.
Problem is, it just opens the Mozbackup GUI on the desktop, waiting for me to click through its pages. It doesn't actually PERFORM the backup. There's no password involved and it's my personal laptop...for Windows security I am the Admin.

The Windows task is to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\MozBackup\MozBackup.exe" plus the argument Thunderbird.mozprofile -R.

The additional argument Thunderbird.mozprofile is a file containing this:
[General]
action=backup
application=Thunderbird
profile=Default
output="D:\BACKUP\Thunderbird"-<year>-<month>-<day>.pcv
password=

How can the task be made to actually perform the backup instread of just opening the Mozbackup GUI?
Also, does anybody know what the "-R" means in the Task Manager? Google hasn't helped me find what -R is for.

Thank you.
DanRaisch

Re: Automating Thunderbord backup - trouble

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this is not really a Thunderbird question.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/command-line-backup.php mentions only one command line argument - the config file. Where did you read about a "-R" command line argument?

Did you try contacting the author?
ungawa

Post by ungawa »

tanstaafl wrote:http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/command-line-backup.php mentions only one command line argument - the config file. Where did you read about a "-R" command line argument?

Did you try contacting the author?

Well I want to answer you about WHERE I read about then " -R " argument, but I've been unable to find it again. Apologies. Thank you for posting.

No I did not try contacting the Mozbackup author because it seems like he has stopped advancing his project. At least, he posted a Beta of Mozbackup in May 2012 and there doesn't appear to be any action by him since.