Save images in bulk

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
kinundrum

Save images in bulk

Post by kinundrum »

Hi All.

I am in dire need of a way to download images from a site that displays 50 to 150 thumbnail results per page from a search. Each thumbnail opens a second page for that image, but the second page only shows the thumbnail in full size. I must click a button on the second page to view the full size version in a popup window. I have used PictureRipper4, Bulk Image Downloader, Flashgot, pick images, and downthemall (dta) with anti container. None have been able to retrieve the full size images. The most I can achieve is a bulk download of the thumbs from the search page. I need the thumb and the full size versions of each image. My goal is to be able to perform a search at 150 results, and click a button to have the thumbs and their full size images download to a single folder so I can go through them via irfanview instead of having to open each thumb link, then click another link to view the full size image, then saving it. Please Help.
LIMPET235

Re: Save images in bulk

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the Tech. forum...

&...It looks as though you may need something like Snagit, as it does offer saving multiple layers.
But, it's a commercial/paid for program.
Try techsmith.com.
They may be able to assist.

(NB: I do not have any association with either Techsmith or Snagit. I just use the program.)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
kinundrum

Post by kinundrum »

LIMPET235 wrote:Moving this to the Tech. forum...

&...It looks as though you may need something like Snagit, as it does offer saving multiple layers.
But, it's a commercial/paid for program.
Try techsmith.com.
They may be able to assist.

(NB: I do not have any association with either Techsmith or Snagit. I just use the program.)
I installed Snagit, but have only been able to capture screen shots. How do you yourself use it to rip a page for images?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
It's been quite a while since I used it for that, but I think there's an
"Extended Window" selection in the Capture > Window > Advanced section.
Not sure.
They have a heap of tutorials on their site & are very helpful.
> https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial.html
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)