Mozilla has asked PaleMoon developer to censor his forum

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Virtual_ManPL

Mozilla has asked PaleMoon developer to censor his forum

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Mozilla has asked us to "police" this forum.

Absolutely ridiculous, it it's true of course. :monkey: :banana:
extremists SJW at work or what?! ](*,)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
NVD

Re: Mozilla has asked PaleMoon developer to censor his forum

Post by NVD »

Pale Moon developers & users are ungrateful people that steals code from Mozilla repositories and intentionally bite the hands that feed them and post bullcrap claims about Pale Moon being better or faster which has been debunked, their outdated platform gets thoroughly trounced by Firefox in performance, HTML5 support and memory efficiency.

These people are incompetent morons that wouldn't even have a browser without the hard work that others do on Bugzilla.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on April 15th, 2016, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Slight rephrasing of the terminology.
flaneurb

Post by flaneurb »

Palemoon users deserve Palemoon and whatever happens to it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:Mozilla has asked us to "police" this forum.

Absolutely ridiculous, it it's true of course.
Even if true, I doubt they also asked the drama queen to come over all 'Joan of Arc' about it and slap it all over their public forum.

We do not censor your posts, and this will not change in the future -- this is an open forum.
Nope, you just delete entire threads by the poor slobs over there and forbid them to discuss subjects again - https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=66869#p66869

Hmm :-k is it just me or was that slamdown exceptionally easy?

Virtual_ManPL wrote:extremists SJW at work or what?! ](*,)
Nope, it's just some 3rd party build based on Firefox 24.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
celtic_superhero

Post by celtic_superhero »

NVD wrote:Pale Moon developers & users are ungrateful people that steals code from Mozilla repositories
Stealing code? From an Open Source browser? That is hardly possible. But i suggest that Mozilla, if they feel so uncomfortable with Open Source to close down the code.

Also, these days there is not that much difference anymore morality wise between Mozilla and Pale Moon.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Why would you bother? its not as if they have any credibility :-k Some desk jockey at Mozilla justifying his job would be my guess
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

malliz wrote:Some desk jockey at Mozilla justifying his job would be my guess
Yep, a Moz drone was probably only asking the guy to quietly tone it down a bit, considering he keeps grovelling there for security updates from them every week and the next thing you know you've got Ethel Moonman up on the desk giving it large.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
wolfbeast71

Post by wolfbeast71 »

If you want to verify what was mailed back and forth leading to this post, ask Mozilla's Al Billings.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I would have to give a toss and honestly I don't
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

NVD wrote:Pale Moon developers & users are ungrateful people that steals code from Mozilla repositories and intentionally bite the hands that feed them and post bullcrap claims about Pale Moon being better or faster which has been debunked, their outdated platform gets thoroughly trounced by Firefox in performance, HTML5 support and memory efficiency.

These people are incompetent morons that wouldn't even have a browser without the hard work that others do on Bugzilla.
I don't know much about Pale Moon developers & its users and all these dramas about Pale Moon browser.
I was testing it, like many rebranded Firefox fork clones based on Gecko, like K-Meleon, Pale Moon, Cyberfox, Waterfox, Light, UltimateFox, lawlietfox, pcxFirefox, Tete's Atelier Firefox build, Airfox, fx-ayakawa, etc. which stated that they're faster.
They were, sometimes, mostly in synthetic tests, which didn't affect real life tests and browsing, sometimes even slower or similar, so I can agree on statement that they're kinda exaggerated.
About stealing part, you probably mean copying with breaking licenses, not giving sources, etc. I don't want to be a devil's advocate, but I don't think Pale Moon breaks MPL license, if you have proofs, please report it on Bugzilla for Trademark violation or here [1] & [2], etc.
malliz wrote:
Why would you bother? [...]
I was just browsing other open imageboard and this affair bring my attention.
malliz wrote:its not as if they have any credibility :-k
Exactly, I know, it may be selfpromotion and making Mozilla to look bad, if it's not true.
wolfbeast71 wrote:If you want to verify what was mailed back and forth leading to this post, ask Mozilla's Al Billings.
Like malliz said, I also don't care that much to dig into this black hole, but I find this kinda funny and pointless,
similar like going to IE forum and asking M$ to censor its forum when they and users talking bad about Firefox and Mozilla or Google and Chrome.
I also don't wanted to start staying nicely the poo-poo storm.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Another thread for After Dark?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
PerpetualHeadbang

Post by PerpetualHeadbang »

Without actually seeing the request in question, it's tough to have an opinion on this. It could be complete BS, a polite request to lock a couple of specific threads (maybe for valid reasons), or an all-out rant by a frustrated Mozilla employee for all we know.
therube

Post by therube »

maybe for valid reasons
And what might these valid reasons be?

And this certainly needs to be pointed out, because my impression from the PM thread is that some do not know:
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
James

Post by James »

And for those people who are not paying attention in thinking mozillaZine is Mozilla (think about it, no *.mozilla.org links on sidebar, top, or bottom like a typical mozilla.org page), well Mozilla has had their own support forum for sometime now for desktop Firefox and more recently some other things at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

If anything they should fixing the admin in Mozillazine.