How I am unrecognizable online

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
freakedman

How I am unrecognizable online

Post by freakedman »

There are 4 ways that I think can be tracked. Here is how I avoid each step. Have I left any out? Am I now untraceable?

1. DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
When I open a new account I will install some new popular fonts, addons and plugins to change my fingerprint. I will delete old plugins (this can be done through library – internet plug ins). I will possibly upgrade my OS and browser as this will also change my fingerprint or is this an overkill?

2. TRACKING SCRIPTS AND SOFTWARE
I am using noscript addon so if I site tries to run a tracking script from another site I can choose to not allow the other script. I also have ublock origing addon, so that in case I allow a tracking script by mistake I would hope that the site this script is run by is on one of the blocked lists they have.

3. COOKIES AND IP ADDRESS
I will reset my router to create a new IP address, and I will delete all cookies (my browser can defend against the evercookie, not sure if there is a stronger test?). My flash settings allow flash to run but don’t allow flash to store anything on my computer. Note this resets when flash is upgraded so is not footproof.

4. MAC ADDRESS:
I never use ipv6 as then the ip address contains my MAC address. In case step 2 fails, I manually change my mac address to one that matches my device (only the first 6 characters determine this so the last 6 can be made up.
mightyglydd

Re: How I am unrecognizable online

Post by mightyglydd »

freakedman wrote: Am I now untraceable?
No, evidently quite the opposite ;)
@Are you actuality using Firefox or spoofing your UA?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Avoiding IPv6 is silly and eventually unavoidable. Most configurations has privacy extensions in SLAAC mode that make sure you can't be identified through MAC. On top of that, the IPs in IPv6 rotate much more frequently than anything on IPv4 and the pool of numbers are in the billion billion range(no that's not a typo).
freakedman

Post by freakedman »

mightyglydd wrote:
freakedman wrote: Am I now untraceable?
No, evidently quite the opposite ;)
@Are you actuality using Firefox or spoofing your UA?
So explain how you can trace me? Assume I login to your site which has 1 million users two times, and run my 4 steps before I login both times.
I'm using Firefox, not spoofing anything other than my Mac address.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

freakedman wrote:I'm untraceable
say that to NSA :twisted:
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

freakedman wrote: My flash settings allow flash to run but don’t allow flash to store anything on my computer.

Not good enough for privacy/tracking matters: flash should IMHO be disabled or even better uninstalled completely.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

freakedman wrote:So explain how you can trace me?
So explain details of your gambling and betting habit to me and then I'll explain just how easy it was to trace you.

You planning on spamming every tech site on the entire Net with this dross?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Hah ! ;)
Yeah, the OP might as well be a "shell-less terrestrial gastropod mollusc", that's quite a trail he's leaving... Maybe salt's the answer ?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

I had posted this in After Dark but with the recent comments it seems to be necessary here. Good Luck.
"How am I unrecognizable on-line" :lol:

Technology exists to allow the impulse read of keystrokes from as far away as twenty miles with the proper equipment.
There's also search signature, regardless of implemented changes made in your post your interests are a signature due to your site visits and search.
Even though appearing to be anonymous, can be extrapolated by what you look at.
Lastly, electrical impulse data through the neutral side of the electric panel can be collected, should you be using a desktop or a plugged in laptop.
While this information may seem to be generic a signature can be derived from it and location established due to speed of impulse through the wiring.
Lastly, all the tin foil on your windows is a dead giveaway and defeats the protections of a Faraday waterfall.
However leaded glass thermo-pane windows filled with the appropriate exotic gas, lead baffles in the air-ducts and lead foil wall board will accomplish a great deal.
Operating a notebook or any other device like a phone or tablet the Stingray system can detect and follow you regardless of any safeguard actions you employ.
You can run but you can't hide.
Best bet is to use someone elses computer when searching things which you don't want related to you.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
freakedman

Post by freakedman »

Frank Lion wrote: So explain details of your gambling and betting habit to me and then I'll explain just how easy it was to trace you.
Is this a thinly veiled way to say that the only way you can trace me is by my behaviour when I am browsing the site? If not I don't see how I can be traced (although I am a relative novice, hence why I asked you to explain if there is still a way).
Grumpus wrote:I had posted this in After Dark but with the recent comments it seems to be necessary here. Good Luck.
"How am I unrecognizable on-line" :lol:

Technology exists to allow the impulse read of keystrokes from as far away as twenty miles with the proper equipment.
There's also search signature, regardless of implemented changes made in your post your interests are a signature due to your site visits and search.
Even though appearing to be anonymous, can be extrapolated by what you look at.
Lastly, electrical impulse data through the neutral side of the electric panel can be collected, should you be using a desktop or a plugged in laptop.
While this information may seem to be generic a signature can be derived from it and location established due to speed of impulse through the wiring.
Lastly, all the tin foil on your windows is a dead giveaway and defeats the protections of a Faraday waterfall.
However leaded glass thermo-pane windows filled with the appropriate exotic gas, lead baffles in the air-ducts and lead foil wall board will accomplish a great deal.
Operating a notebook or any other device like a phone or tablet the Stingray system can detect and follow you regardless of any safeguard actions you employ.
You can run but you can't hide.
Best bet is to use someone elses computer when searching things which you don't want related to you.
I find this post very difficult to understand.

When you are speaking about paned windows etc I am assuming this is a metaphor, could you please explain it literally.

This is the first I have heard of all of these new methods, do you have a link for any of them? Are they only available to the law?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

We are "the law"!
When a drone shows up at your window or a stray dog at your door, rest assured it's us.
You might want to read Sirius by Olaf Stapledon and check out the exploits of CIA agent Teddy Salad.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

freakedman wrote:Is this a thinly veiled way to say that
It's a thinly veiled way to say stop wasting the time of tech people on the Net, when your entire interest in this subject revolves around trying to save a few bucks on gambling sites by pretending to be a new member each time.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@freakedman - everything in the post exists at present with new and more intrusive things occurring all the time.
Granted most of the items in the list are supposed to be utilized by security and law enforcement but there are those individuals technically skilled enough to employ their own systems.
The panes of glass as leaded will diminish some signals but in most cases windows make any kind of privacy deployment ineffective.
Faraday Cage/screen, named for Michael Faraday who invented in them 1836, also known as a waterfall is supposed to stop any form of remote electronic eavesdropping.
However a simple copper tube induction bug between a pair of standard copper phone wires will suffice for most bugging applications.
There's also things like Abscam, pinhole cameras which can see a great deal but utilize a tiny tiny hole through the wall in a neighboring house.
If you really want to be secure you could build a "floating room", a room with airspace around the entire cube and fill the space in between with white noise, but even this is somewhat ineffective.
You could also tape a small radio to a window and the vibrations would limit some forms of eavesdropping.
You could invest in a boomerang non-linear junction detector to stop some surveillance attempts.
I could go on all day but it would start to get tiresome for the other posters, as I'm sure it already has. :-"
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Grumpus wrote:I could go on all day but it would start to get tiresome for the other posters, as I'm sure it already has. :-"
In this case, I think the OP deserves all the details you have.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

There are the movable partitions filled with lead shot to stop directional waves and there's an old trick called the Hurdy Gurdy Man.
But enough of this Black Bag stuff, the OP is obviously not cleared for such levels of information.
Next thing he'll want to know where we learned this stuff?