I'm Unsure. Should Adobe Stay In Business?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Wiggam72

I'm Unsure. Should Adobe Stay In Business?

Post by Wiggam72 »

Someone, please explain why this is such a problem. I've never known any software to be in such a continual state of SUCCESSFUL malware infection! And yet, billions of users are "forced" (I don't mean literally, I mean because of convenience and everything seems to need it to run smoothly), or else problems usually arise if it's disabled, which I've personally experienced.

I have many of their products installed, but I swear, it seems that every week there is a report that someone or group has infected thousands or even millions of PC's because of some Adobe product.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 ... tk.drr_mlt

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 ... tk.drr_mlt
DanRaisch

Re: I'm Unsure. Should Adobe Stay In Business?

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this is not a Firefox Support question.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Adobe has to pretty much stay in business to provide support for various Government and Corporate accounts.
Other than that it will remain to be seen if components of Adobe stay available but will come under the same consideration as above.
I would suggest reading more on news sites which have a less than general subscriber list.
Perhaps The Register and also Ars Technica
For on going privacy and security issues check out Electronic Frontier Foundation
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

One should ask, are they so inept that cannot produce software literally plagued by security issues along all its history (I don't think that's the case, in fact I think they are quite capable looking at their other products) - or has flash always been so buggy by design?

Looking at all the privilege escalation bugs and entry points exploited by various kinds of malware/spyware, I'd say it has been designed with a purpose.