blue screen of death

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
suzieqhb

blue screen of death

Post by suzieqhb »

A tech accidently wiped my hard drive including my WIN7. I installed all the old software: Hp printer and Epson printer, quicken, office, photoshop elements, carbonite and kaspersky. I then began to get the blue screen of death whenever I returned to the screen from sleep but only if I clicked on my firefox icon. I have uninstalled the printer drivers then thought maybe it was firefox and then went to get online with both Chrome and IE and no problem with them. No blue screen. Theory: it is firefox. Any suggestions from the gurus in the forum??
toolong

Re: blue screen of death

Post by toolong »

suzieqhb wrote:A tech accidently wiped my hard drive including my WIN7. I installed all the old software: Hp printer and Epson printer, quicken, office, photoshop elements, carbonite and kaspersky. I then began to get the blue screen of death whenever I returned to the screen from sleep but only if I clicked on my firefox icon. I have uninstalled the printer drivers then thought maybe it was firefox and then went to get online with both Chrome and IE and no problem with them. No blue screen. Theory: it is firefox. Any suggestions from the gurus in the forum??

The 'blue screen' is a Windows crash report. You should read it for information.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Also... are you sure that it is in fact a Windows crash and not just a Firefox crash? ...
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

The only thing that can cause a blue screen Windows crash is bad driver code or bad kernal-mode operating system code. No mere application like Firefox can cause a blue screen.
It may be that only Firefox is calling the buggy kernal code, but the fault is still not with Firefox. You might try disabling "hardware acceleration" in FF's Options > Advanced tab.
Buggy video drivers have always been the #1 reason for Windows blue-screens.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

idd

get bluescreen view
www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

and start it (opens c:\windows\minidump )
you will see the cause of BSOD

i think also its caused by graphics driver (again)
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Tech