Printer won't print out a popup .asp receipt

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
Ruth

Printer won't print out a popup .asp receipt

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

This may not be a FireFox issue, but thought I would check.

I'm on windows 7 pro 32 bit, FireFox 51.0.1, HP Officejet Pro 8710. I have no problem printing a web page, and I can print the pop up receipt using the cntr/P, but I think that this page is supposed to print automatically. You click on the print button and it opens the receipt in a popup window which in the address bar says print.asp However in this case it doesn't print, it just sits there and my printer does nothing. I've checked about:config and it shows the printer in the print_printer line. It also has a lot of lines for that printer. [as an aside it has my previous printer listed with a bunch of lines [not in the print_printer line] which I'd like to remove from that file if possible]

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ruth
therube

Re: Printer won't print out a popup .asp receipt

Post by therube »

Where is this happening?
Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
Last edited by therube on March 5th, 2017, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ruth,
"[as an aside it has my previous printer listed with a bunch of lines [not in the print_printer line] which I'd like to remove from that file if possible]"
To remove the old printer prefs, you have to right click each in turn & select, "Reset."
Close & re-open Firefox to complete.

OR, you could try this extension...
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Here's HP's support page for your printer which will open on the troubleshooting page: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp- ... leshooting

Select an option from the dropdown menu and then follow the prompts from there.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Sunday is a no computer day!

Thanks Limpet I got rid of the old printer stuff in the config! And thanks for the eCleaner link.

For everyone else, thank you for your repsonses. I'm sorry I can't provide a page since it is an account and you have to be logged in to get to the interior area of my account and print account info or print receipt. However, I got IE and tried that and it doesns't print either. That tells me that it is something in the website's own settings or coding for this .asp receipt print window and I have notified them.

Ruth
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

You're welcome for the info, Ruth.

&, As you mention, if IE doesn't work either, then it may be the site.
BTW....Which version of IE are you running?
Hopefully, IE11.

Seeing as the error is with IE as well as Firefox, this is being moved to the Tech. forum.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Yes, Limpet, I am 'running' EI11, running being a less that accurate [ rotflol ]. I don't actually use it other than for open something I made with my old [very old [1997] graphic program] and want to print. IE 11 will never open a new window, after clicking one link you are stuck as it won't open any more, forget opening it won't even activate the link anymore - I know it is something I did in the settings when I tried to disable tabs, anyway whatever bug about new windows was never fixed, I can't figure what I did, and what the heck I like FF as it lets me set it up the way I like, allows me to have a browser that has the menu line at top, then the address bar right below and absolutely nothing else :banana: can right click a link and open it in a new window.

Wow, can't believe I just ran on like that, but since I typed it, I'm posting it! Have a great day :)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Good to hear that you only use IE for those "needed" programs. (Same as moi.)
You know that you can "fix it"...un-install & re-install if you want.
The WIN 7 fora are very good & there's heaps of good info there, if required.