Anybody know why DuckDuckGo page goes blank?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
FrankSMS

Anybody know why DuckDuckGo page goes blank?

Post by FrankSMS »

Also happens in Chrome so its not a Firefox problem probably. Just wondering if you've noticed this problem. You do a search (it initially is displayed), it loads the results then flashes off and you get a blank screen. Tried clearing cache and cookies to no avail. ??? Not that it was a good search engine.....
therube

Re: Anybody know why DuckDuckGo page goes blank?

Post by therube »

See if disabling Hardware Acceleration (in FF) helps any?
(Or you could restart FF in Safe Mode.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Seeing as it's also affecting the Chrome browser, this is getting moved to the Tech. forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

Hardware Acceleration was already disabled but I tried changing Content Process to 1. It worked after that. I changed it to 2 and it didn't. I changed it back to 1 and its still not working. Checked with Chrome and its working. I suspected it may have something to do with my slower, older computer but I'm not running anything much right now so its not being stressed. A mystery. When I change those things in Options I'm assuming they are implemented without a restart. Hope that's true.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

I started going through my Add-Ons. As soon as I disabled Adblocker Ultimate it no longer occurred.
If in doubt, check your Add-Ons first. Unless you have a lot it doesn't take long to test.
Noah Werka

Post by Noah Werka »

FF started that after I updated to 60.0.1. Upon middle clicking any link for a new tab from a forum or any random website, it goes blank. Does it for DuckDuck Go too. Reload and everything is ok. Only happens in FF. Might be some kind of bug in FF, but I ain't found no consistency yet.

Noah W